Monday, February 6, 2012

Lantern Festival

Today is the Chinese Lantern Festival,also known as the Yuanxiao Festival. It's the end of the Chinese New Year celebrations. Alas, my New Year vacation. We've already started working for a week and I expected a half day off, but no. 


Therefore I could only take this break and recall what Lantern Festival was like where I was a child. In my hometown every year on this day, the villagers danced and sang to celebrate. The routine program is the dragon dance, lion dance, stilts, land boat dance, donkey dance, Yangko. I never knew how long these traditions have been, but I love them.






Now living in the big city, I work for the whole day like most people. Holidays have become more and more commercial. I could see that the streets are full of sales and promotion activities. Well, if there's a big discount on hair dryers, I will consider buying one, for my own Lantern Festival. Anyway, when finished working, I will go to karaoke with my friends and celebrate.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...